EURO MOTORCYCLE TOURING CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few pics from this week

+3
johnjr
oliver
Nacho
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A few pics from this week - Page 2 Empty Re: A few pics from this week

Post  johnjr Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:17 am

Duxford is the best in the world for WWII aircraft...and I planed to visit there, but never was able to make it...like many places I never made while living there.

You all are welcome to come and see the many things we have in the US.....I was a very fortunate person to be able to see what I did in Europe...one of the best times of my life!!!! Pierre and the rest of the crew saw a small part to the US.....it took 4 weeks, and we didn't see it all!!!! For sure, there is a lot to see...so get started....make a plan....come and visit..I would love to have you and show you around like you all did for me and Pat.... Wink

Cheers
johnjr
johnjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Fazer Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Seems you all have a great interest in aircraft................I took my father to an airshow at Duxford a few years ago, he flew in Lancasters and Wellingtons in WWII and brought back memories to see those old planes, its the noise of the engines especially the Spitfire.

I did a bit of checking recently and found that a relative who fought in WWI is buried at a cemetry near Loos (not sure of the spelling) in Northern France and hope to visit sometime.

Fazer

Back to top Go down

Post  johnjr Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:50 pm

I am very interested in WWII, father was a Marine in the Pacific, so I took advantage of my living in Europe to visit and educate myself further.....it was a pleasure to see so many things still available to visit.
Right now I am trying to help a friend with his WWII B-17 bombardier Uncle...he crashed near Mannheim Germany ...he has been on a fact finding mission for several years in an attempt to garner as much personal info about the crash as he can. Is always motivating and interesting to study history of any kind.....for me it seems to be all WWII.... Wink

I sure do kick myself for not getting to Duxford. Crying or Very sad
johnjr
johnjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Invité Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:08 pm

When you lived in Europe,did you visited the landing-zone,the Airborne Museum etc. in the neightbourhood were I live,John.
Market Garden. Battle of Arnhem ( A Bridge to far).
It's just around the corner were I live.
Just a few pictures,taking last summer.
A lot of places like this,here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kokkebil/20100625?authkey=Gv1sRgCM2R3emv7N7wDw#

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post  oliver Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:44 pm

In the north of France we have a lot of history place about first and second world war...specialy this one

http://www.lacoupole-france.com/en/musee/default_dedie.asp

the place where V2 was launched to UK

oliver

Back to top Go down

Post  PieF, d'Alsace Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:50 pm

It definitly seems lot of things to do for future on both sides of the pound ! Cool

PieF, d'Alsace

Back to top Go down

Post  johnjr Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:10 am

Yes WIm, I have been there many times....unknown that you were nearby.........I have been to Normandy 3 times!!!! And have many wonderful memories ...wish I had 3 more times there!!!!! Wink
johnjr
johnjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2